Year 10 Graphics and Design
Teacher in Charge: Mrs C. McLean
This is a one term course that aims to present a challenging and creative environment if you are interested in Graphics (DVC). They will be expected to use a variety of tools and techniques throughout the course.
Skills will be taught and assessed in the form of a series of class drawings and exercises as part of a Spatial/Architectural design brief, (‘Shipping Container’)
The areas you will study are:
- Elements and Principles Design
- The Design Process
- Architectural and spatial design and associated concepts
- Product Design.
- Free Hand Sketching
- Rendering (use of multi-media)
- Instrumental Drawing systems including: Orthographic Projection.
- CAD such as Sketchup
- Perspective (1 point and 2 point)
- Pictorial drawings including:
- Drawing and Reading Plans (Block, site, floor, elevations)
- Isometric Circles
- Model making.
You will begin to understand the language and purpose of Graphics (DVC) and start to develop freehand sketching and instrumental drawing skills.
You will develop your design and obtain stakeholder feedback to inform your next decisions.
You will begin to see the importance of the Design Process as you head towards the completion of your Shipping Container home. Modelling, architectural drawings and floor plans will be produced by you.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Each student will be expected to provide the following:
• Accurate compass,
• Access to a laptop,